Further to the Victorian Government’s announcement on Sunday regarding Step 2, Australian Sailing has issued details regarding updates to sailing, and summarised the restrictions that still remain in place.
Individual Sailing Exercise: Allowed (conditions apply, as below)
As part of your 2 hours of daily exercise, single handed sailing or sailing with someone from your household bubble (maximum 5 household members) is now permissible in an unpowered vessel.
You must adhere to the following:
- You can only sail if you live within a 5km radius of the Club.
- The 2 hours of exercise includes travel to and from the Club, rigging and de-rigging.
- Sailing is allowed in an OTB dinghy.
- Sailing is allowed in a trailable yacht that does NOT have a motor. If your trailable yacht has a motor you cannot use it for sailing – this applies even if you do not turn your motor on.
- Comply with the prescribed restrictions listed below.
Kayak Exercise: Allowed
Paddling Victoria announced on 7th September that kayaking is allowed within a 5km limit of your home – provided it is undertaken within the current two-hour exercise time limit and comply with the prescribed restrictions listed below.
Checking Moored Vessels: Allowed for safety & emergency maintenance
From 12th September, vessel owners have been able to travel outside their 5km radius to check on their vessel for emergency maintenance or safety purposes only, and comply with the prescribed restrictions listed below. When inspecting moorings, take proof of vessel ownership and proof of vessel location with you. Vessel location could be a letter on Club letter head confirming its location. Please note, Victorian Police will be asking for this proof.
The Clubhouse, Upper Deck and BBQ area – REMAINS CLOSED
No access to change rooms or Toilets. Only authorised CoM members and contractors are permitted.
Any form of individual recreational (motorised) boating or fishing is not allowed at this stage.
Please note as further information comes to hand Australian Sailing will update the Victorian page of the AS COVID hub: https://www.sailingresources.org.au/covid-19/vic/