Join us for the formal opening, sail past and social race. All members and families are welcome to join us for a free BBQ on the upper deck after the race.
Please ensure that you are assembled upstairs at 1pm for the official formalities.
Its a day when all members have an opportunity to dress up in fancy dress, decorate their vessels with flags and bunting and sail past the Commodore and dignitaries with a time honoured tradition of a review of the Fleet with the Jack Cox leading a sail past and salute to the Commodore. Once this celebration has ended a social sail will take place to blow out the cobwebs and get everyone ready and in good spirits for the coming race activities.
Order of proceedings
- 11:30am Officer of the Day & race management team briefing
- 12:00pm VIP & Guests Luncheon
- 1:00pm Speeches (Commodore & Vice Commodore)
- 1:10pm Unfurl club burgee (season open)
- 1:15pm Naming of boats ceremony
- 1:25pm Officer of the Day sailor’s briefing on sail past and social race;
TopYacht sign on/off (Rear Commodore)
- 1:45pm Sail past (end of main Jetty)
- 2:00pm Social race
- After race BBQ and drinks on the deck.
Fancy dress and decorated boats welcome.