:::: MENU ::::

Swing moorings

  • Sep 02 / 2019

Swing moorings


All swing mooring allocations in Williamstown are controlled by Parks Victoria.

Members interested in acquiring a swing mooring must apply to lease one from Parks Victoria (on an annual basis). Parks Victoria then require every mooring holder to have their mooring tackle inspected and certified annually (usually by 30 June).

Williamstown Sailing Club is an authorised mooring contractor for these inspections and certifications, but only in zones WTA and WTB, and only for our own members. The fee for the inspection and any necessary repairs or replacements will be invoiced to the club member. The club has two dinghies which are available for members to allow access to and from their moored boats.

Please be aware that there may be a waiting list for a mooring in the WTA and WTB zones, and also note that the lease on a mooring cannot be sold or transferred to another individual. Please note that the annual leasing charges by Parks Victoria does not cover the cost of the tackle, which remains the responsibility of the boat owner.

All boats registered with the club and using moorings maintained by the club are restricted to a length of 18 feet or 5.5 metres.