The Lipton Cup Regatta is a fun weekend of sailing for racing, cruising and classic yachts, sportsboats, trailable yachts, and off-the-beach boats. The sailing program caters for all sailing enthusiasts. The Regatta is conducted by the Royal Yacht Club of Victoria in partnership with Williamstown Sailing Club and Port Melbourne Yacht Club. Find out more about the regatta on the Lipton Cup Regatta website.
Schedule – Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 November
Off-the-beach racing will be conducted by Williamstown Sailing Club and Port Melbourne Yacht Club on Saturday 19 November. The first warning will be at 12:00 with 3 laid course races.
The course areas
Off-the-beach races will be held in Hobsons Bay.
Keelboat windward-leeward races will be conducted on three separate course areas:
- The course area for Divisions A and B will be in the open waters of Port Phillip, west of the main shipping channel.
- The course area for Division C and Sportsboats will be in the open waters of Port Phillip, east of the main shipping channel.
- The course area for Division D and Trailable Yachts will be in Hobsons Bay.
2017 regatta documents
- Notice of Race (NOR) and Sailing Instructions (SI) (Coming Soon)
- Regatta entry (Online)
- Online entry form – registering your boat in topyacht instructions