Our club has been running learn to sail programs for over 25 years. We have a strong reputation as a provider of comprehensive and practical programs for learning to sail small boats.
Learning to sail is a fun activity, no matter what your age. We have had many parents and their children do the program, couples, singles, and all ages from 12 to 65 have undertaken our programs.
We run friendly, supportive and practical programs to help you build your skills and knowledge to be able to sail a small boat. Many graduates of our learn to sail programs join the club after the course, and may continue their sailing on a social level, or also have the opportunity to get involved in club racing.
Williamstown Sailing Club is a registered Discover Sailing Centre, which means we follow the guidelines and programs set by Yachting Australia Inc. The club is a registered TACKERS Training Centre. We have a number of qualified instructors, who have a great ability to help participants enjoy themselves as they build their skills, knowledge and confidence.
Williamstown Sailing Club offers two different learn to sail programs:
- TACKERS sailing program for children 7-12 years of age
- Learn to sail program for people over the age of 12.
LTS Course 2018
Please note that our November 2018 Learn to Sail course is now FULL!
The course consists of:
- Theory sessions: 3 x Thursdays – 8, 15, 22 November 2018 (7:30pm – 9:45pm)
- On-the-water training:5 x Saturdays – 10, 17, 24 November, 1, 8, and 16 December 2018 is held in reserve for unsatisfactory weather conditions (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Since you will be completing this course as part of a team, you must be available for all the dates listed.
Download the enrolment form and course information:
- $410 for non members
- $200 for WSC members (member prior to July 2018)
Juniors (12 – 16 yrs) and full time students (18-25 yrs)
- $210 for non members
- $100 for WSC members (member prior to July 2017)
If you want further information, or would like to talk to someone about our sailing programs, please send an email to email@example.com, including your phone number and the Training Coordinator will contact you. We are a volunteer organisation, so it may take a few days to respond to you.