11 July 2020
The following is an update on the latest COVID-19 Stay at Home Restrictions and how it affects our Club and the activities we may wish to enjoy.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July 2020 the Victorian Government re-imposed Stay at Home Restrictions to the whole of the Metropolitan Melbourne area and Mitchell Shire.
It is important to note that Victoria is still in a State of Emergency and the Victorian Government is stating that there are only four reasons that we can leave home:
- Shopping for food or other essential items
- To provide care giving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- For exercise (outdoor exercise only, with only one other person or members of your household)
- Work or study, if you cannot work or study from home
Otherwise, we must stay home.
The Clubhouse continues to remain closed to all members and visitors until further notice.
- Members can check their moored boats (access via boat ramp gate).
- No Club Working Bees, until further notice.
The following personal recreational boating and sailing is permitted but with only one other person, based on the conditions listed underneath:
- Fishing and boating.
- Single handed sailing.
- Single handed kayaking and stand up paddle boarding.
- Two handed boating and sailing, but only with members of your household.
Limited personal recreational boating and sailing is permissible provided you:
- Keep at least 1.5m distance from other people.
- Personal exercise outdoors with a limit of two participants, unless from the same household.
- Outdoor Club area has a maximum cap of 10 persons.
- Do not share any sporting equipment.
- Let someone know that you are out on the water and when you get back ashore.
Additional relevant information:
- If you feel unwell, get tested and stay at home.
- Arrive dressed for the activity and change at home (‘get in get out’).
- Access to the Boat Ramp, rigging deck and boat storage must be via the Boat Ramp gates, not through the Clubhouse building.
- The changing rooms, showers or any other facilities within the Clubhouse cannot be used.
- Clubhouse toilets can be used, if needed.
- Participants are encouraged to have a flu shot and download the COVIDsafe app.
- Access will be at your own risk and must adhere to all Victorian Government restrictions relating to the coronavirus.
- Security and facility checks will continue at the Clubhouse by a member of the CoM, and any essential building maintenance will be undertaken.
If you require urgent access to the Clubhouse, permission must be sought from the CoM. To help you facilitate this, please liaise with either the Michael Virant (acting Rear Commodore) or myself (contact details below).
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation during this period and stay safe and well.
Brian Fentiman, Commodore