On Saturday 15 November, many club members participated in different races and divisions for the Lipton Cup Regatta. This was a joint hosted Regatta between Royals, Port Melbourne and Williamstown Sailing Clubs. Several of our club members were very successful, achieving excellent results in various divisions.
A total of 17 competitors entered in the Keelboat – Trailable and Sport Boats Division D hosted at RYCV, and 50 competitors sailed at WSC and 19 at PMYC (multihull and laser classes).
WSC races were set off in four divisions based on Yachting Victoria handicap:
- Division 1 YV yardstick 130+ – the fleet was largely made up of Minnow, Cadet (International), Mirror & Optimist classes.
- Division 2 YV yardstick 119 – 129.5 – 125, Hartley TS16, Sabre, Pacer,
- Division 3 YV yardstick 100 – 118.5 – 420, Jollyboat, Flying Dutchman, Taser, Nationla E & Impulse classes.
- Division 4 YV yardstick below 99.5 – 29er, 49er, 505, B14, Javelin & Musto Skiff classes.
Five WSC boats competed in the Trailables races with skipper Peter Wright Sail no 121 in FIZ IV taking out third place based on CBH.
See the official results online at TopYacht.
OTB results (WSC)
Place, Sail no, Boats Name, Class, Skipper/Crew, Series Score – Total (Race 3/Race 2/Race 1)
1. 2155 Banana Split, Pacer, Greg Parsons/Hayden, 4 (1/2/1)
2. 1987 Seasomfin, Sabre, Andrew Keil, 5 (2/1/2)
3. 2667 JASS, Pacer, Allan O’Brien/Trent Meddings, 13 (5/5/3)
3. 105 Casimir L’ Dem, Impulse, Stefan Gevers, 9 (3/5/1)
A big thank you to the following volunteers:
- WSC Race Control Tower: Noel Craven, Dawn Beattie & Robyn Ho-Sans
- Course Boat/Rescue – Willy 1: Stephen Meddings & Graham Knight
- Rescue & Pin - Blue RIB – Willy 2: Nick Olliff & Con Bourakis
- Rescue – Red RIB – Willy 3: Michael Attard & Rod Assafiri
- Committee Boat (Jack Cox)
- Race Officer / Time keeper: Simon van den Berg
- Course board: Jim Rees
- Line sighter and signal (horn): Warren Grosvenor
- Canteen: Lois Hunt and Margaret Morrissey