Important Update from the Commodore – 12 May 2020
The Clubhouse remains closed to all members and visitors until further notice.
The following exercise and recreational boating is permitted based on the conditions listed underneath:
- Recreational fishing and boating
- Non-competitive OTB sailing of single handed boats.
- Non-competitive two handed and trailable sailing with family members is permitted.
- Single handed kayaking and stand up paddle boarding has been allowed since 21 April 2020.
On 11 May 2020, the Victorian Government made an announcement regarding the COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria being eased from midnight on Tuesday 12 May 2020. This announcement affects our Club. The Club has also received a letter from Australian Sailing providing guidance on what this means for all Sailing Clubs.
Under the new directions listed above, limited outdoor recreational boating is now permissible provided you:
- Maintain at least 1.5m apart from other people.
- Have no more than 10 persons gathered together at one time.
- Do not share any sporting equipment.
Additional relevant information:
- If you feel unwell, stay at home.
- Access to the slipway, rigging deck and boat storage must be via the boat ramp gates, not through the Clubhouse building.
- The changing rooms, showers, toilets or any other facilities within the Clubhouse cannot be used.
- Arrive dressed for the activity and change at home (‘get in get out’).
- Participants are encouraged to have a flu shot.
- Access will be at your own risk and must adhere to all Victorian Government restrictions relating to the coronavirus.
Security and facility checks will continue at the Clubhouse by a member of the CoM, and any essential building maintenance will be undertaken.
If you require urgent access to the Clubhouse, permission must be sought from the CoM. To help you facilitate this, please liaise with either the Michael Virant (acting Rear Commodore) or myself (contact details below).
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation during this period and stay safe and well.