Michael Lambiris, Simon van den Berg and Brian Fentiman have been planning improvements to the way we manage our club racing. In the 2017-18 season, we will be extending our use of the well-known TopYacht software to the following:
- Members recording the information and declarations necessary for participating in the new racing season.
- Members signing-on and signing-off for each week’s races.
- The OOD capturing the finishing time of boats as they cross the line.
- The processing of the results for the various club handicap and championship races.
- The publication of the results.
Until now, TopYacht has only been used at WSC for processing results. The other tasks have been done in other ways, such as completing paper forms. By extending the use of TopYacht software to all the tasks mentioned, we will be able to do everything much more efficiently and quickly, with minimum use of paper and fewer repetitive tasks.
Change (however good) is not always welcome, but we will provide detailed information on how everything will work in good time and give individual help those who want it. We’ll keep you posted.
One reminder: you won’t be able to participate in racing unless you have paid your annual fees to the club, so you should do that as soon as possible.
Find out more about how you can use TopYacht Entry System (TES) to enter the coming season:
We will be running a training session at the club on Friday 1 September (7pm – 7:30pm).
Enter as a competitor for the 2017-18 season here.
WSC TopYacht Administrator